WHAT DOWNTIME CAN I EXPECT AFTER MY PLASMA PEN TREATMENT?
There IS downtime. “Downtime” is very subjective. What you think “looks bad” and/or is “uncomfortable” can be very different from someone else’s perception. If you are comparing it to cosmetic surgery, then no, the downtime is minimal. If you are comparing it to a light chemical peel where no one can tell you did anything and you are just a bit flaky everywhere, then no.
Redness, swelling and scabbing in the treatment area
• Average of 8 days downtime on the face and neck areas
• Average of 10 to 14 days on the body, depending on the area being treated and the intensity of the treatment
• Swelling usually begins the day following your treatment, and peaks around day 3
• After day 3, swelling subsides and scabs form.
• Scabs normally begin to fall off around day 6 and 7 (for face and neck)
Healing time and results may be negatively compromised by not following the after care: no drinking alcohol, no smoking and no picking/scrubbing.
PLASMA PEN VS. COSMETIC SURGERY
○ No injectable anesthetic required
○ No stitches and no scars
○ Very low risk procedure with minimal side effects
○ Short downtime
○ Cost effective
○ Long lasting results – usually around 2-3 years and can be permanent
IS THE PLASMA PEN TREATMENT PAINFUL?
Plasma Pen is mildly to moderately uncomfortable. Numbing cream is applied to reduce the discomfort during treatment.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF THE PLASMA PEN TREATMENT?
The Plasma Pen is a relatively safe treatment, particularly when compared to more invasive cosmetic procedures. However, no procedure is without risks and it’s important to understand the risks.
○ Swelling and bruising
○ Scabbing and crusting
○ Skin discolouration
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS?
Plasma Pen skin tightening results are impressive but should not be proposed as an alternative to surgery in cases of moderate to severe skin laxity. You will typically see immediate tightening over the next three months in the appearance of saggy skin. In some cases it may require more than one session depending on the desired results.